Recommended Sites

Quilts to Give

My quilt for Ashley's daughter came back from the quilter and it turned out really cute, especially for a quilt that started out being wrong.
I used the Hawaiian fabric from Lisa along with some stash fabric. I think it turned out very sweet.
I love how it was quilted. It is quilted with hibiscus flowers all over which fits perfectly with the theme of the quilt.
The quilt back is fun fabric but really soft. It is from a fabric line that says "premium cotton" on the selvage and it feels like really expensive sheets. The name of it is Girly Girl Pink Vines. Laurel showed it to me when I was at Broadbent's. I can imagine after it is washed that it will feel soft as a cloud. I took the quilt to Ashley's baby on Saturday. She's so cute.
I'm donating this quilt I made from my pattern that was in Fon's and Porter last year (it isn't the quilt that was in the magazine but one I made later) to Lu Lu. Lu Lu is the daughter of Liz and James, our friends. Go to Lu Lu's blog to read about her.
Friends of sweet little Lu Lu are having a community benefit to raise money for a liver transplant. The benefit is November 10 in Murray, Utah.Any help you could offer to Lu Lu would be of great benefit. You can email Julia at urlgurl77@gmail.com for more information. Look at her, she is so sweet.

-nanette

0 comments:

Post a Comment