Recommended Sites

My Dinner Date with MBS

Welcome to my kitchen! For those of you that have not been here before, I welcome you and hope you will stay a while. For all my returning guests... I am so happy to see you again!  {My little helpers are glad you are here, too!}


I am very excited to share with you the latest and fabulous addition to the Moda Bake Shop, Fresh Fabric Treats BOOK published by Stash Books


The book is scheduled to ship out in May 2011, so be sure to pre-order your copy so you can be one of the first to own!  There are 16 NEW Delicious Treats that range from quilts to tote bags which all use Moda precut fabrics.  {Did you know there were such things as Moda Bake Shop eggs? not really... but there should be.}


I am so thrilled to be able to contribute to this book!  Here is just a sampling of what projects you will find in the book.  {Can you guess which one is mine?  Hint... it's the pillow.}


Just a little bit about me... I am a mom to two beautiful children and a wife to a very supportive husband of 11 years. {in 11 days it will be 12 years!}. I have started to develop my own pattern line as an outlet to be able to share my thoughts and creations to those that enjoy to sew and create as much as I do. Be sure to check out my pattern designs and free tutorials. I really hope you enjoy what I have to share and can find the inspiration needed to get you going on your next project.

I am a full-time web developer for Moda Fabrics and work under the direction of this talented lady. I also manage the Moda Bake Shop and have been a Chef since the very beginning and now currently have 17 recipes posted


We launched the Moda Bake Shop website in January 2009 and have been amazed by the response and submissions we receive on a daily basis.  The website would not be what it is today without the talented Chef's that have contributed to the site over the past two years and all you readers that visit the site.

Jenny Garland, who is also one of our talented Chef's featured in the book and on the website, is our MBS Editor and has taken over much of the responsibilities for maintaining the site.  She is also having her Dinner Date today, so be sure to go check out what she is cooking up and enter to win her giveaway hosted on her blog.

By now, you all should have already visited the other 14 Chef's kitchens that are featured in this fabulous new book.  If not, you must go check them all out and see what exciting things they have to share with you on their Dinner Date.


My favorite Moda precut is the Layer Cake. There are so many things you can do with a Layer Cake...
1. Cut it into 5" squares and instantly you have 4 charm packs.
2. It is the perfect size for applique's and you can take advantage of using all the prints in the collection.
3. There are many other ways to cut a Layer Cake and it goes together so quickly and easily, you can get a quilt top done in a day!

So... I have cooked up a very special dessert for you today, using a Layer Cake, to complete your Progressive Dinner.

I present to you... the Layer Cake Pincushion. I hope you enjoy! Click here for the Printer Friendly Recipe.


In celebration of the launch of this new book {btw... did I mention how fabulous this book is?}, I am giving away a copy of the new Fresh Fabric Treats book and a Moda Layer Cake.

To top it all off {with a Cherry on top}, Moda is giving away a $200.00 retail value of  Moda precuts (1 each of every type of precut... layer cake, charm pack, fat quarter bundle and MORE!) AND a copy of the Fresh Fabric Treats Book!

To enter leave me a comment with:
1. Your favorite Moda Precut
2. Name your favorite project that is designed by me on the Moda Bake Shop.
3. Be sure to leave a way for me to contact you incase you are randomly selected as the WINNER!


Winner will be announced on Friday, January28. Prize will be shipped in MAY.

THANK YOU to STASH BOOKS and MODA FABRICS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment