Recommended Sites

Spring Fever Remedy ;)

My heart is longing, longing, longing for the Spring. I know in September I vowed that I'd be happy if it was ever and anon October. I know in November I thrilled with the first flakes of snow. But now? Now I have broken my unspoken creed and follow the greening of the field across the way with an impatient eye. I notice the buds swelling on the trees and will them to pop open. I feel unreasonably vexed when snow is in the forecast. I baby the little wild violets I dug up and planted in pots on my windowsill. My heart leaps with hope at this day so bright and sunny and anticipated to be 54 degrees! And so, to anyone else up, I have decided to do a post of spring sayings and pictures. Hope it brightens your February day! :)

"It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!"
~Mark Twain

"Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush."
~Doug Larson



"Every spring is the only spring - a perpetual astonishment."
~Ellis Peters


"If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom."
~Terri Guillemets


"Out with the cold, in with the woo." :D
~E. Marshall, "Spring Thought"


"If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall."
~Nadine Stair


"Poor, dear, silly Spring, preparing her annual surprise!"
~Wallace Stevens

0 comments:

Post a Comment