Recommended Sites

Trend Alert! Home Décor Using Stencils

 
 
I’m sure you’ve noticed that stencils are everywhere right now! We all love that customized wall paper effect with the ability to spruce up our homes with paint and stencils!
 
Popular versions may include the trendy quatrefoil, fleur de lis, and damask designs…but it doesn’t stop there! Digital cutting machines are making their way into many crafter’s homes and offer the ability to customize their own stencil designs!
 
 
Let me introduce you to Kelly from Back to Domestics today!!
 
 
back {to} domestics
 
I fell in love with her post and her collections of stencil art when it comes to home décor! She is so willing to stop by and share it with us today!! Here she is…
 
 
 
Remember when {two posts ago} I said wallpaper was coming back? Nevermind about that. I found something SO much better!
 
 
I saw this post from Under the Sycamore about painted subflooring and was super inspired. {How beautiful are her floors??} Then yesterday while shopping at Hobby Lobby I stumbled upon a number of different giant stencils to use for walls or floors! To give the appearance of wallpaper!
 
I'm pretty excited... and am pretty sure I have much more patience for painting stencils than putting up wallpaper. {Plus there's no tearing down if you want to change... hallelujah!}
 
 
 
I must say I love this website I found- Royal Design Studio. Please check them out- SO much inspiration and amazing stencils to buy. Here are just a few inspiration rooms from them I know you will love...
 
 
So much fun! I can’t wait to stencil a wall or floor!
 
 
 
 
 
Aren’t these amazing?! Thanks to Kelly for sharing her trendy finds with us!!
 
 
Let me show you a couple of my favorites in the crafty world…
 
 
header-pic-31
We all instantly fell in love with Jen’s quatrefoil projects from Tatertots and Jello!!
 
 
 
12-Frame_Finished
What about this rockin’ houndstooth stencil Lara at Less Cake More Frosting used to make this fun frame?
 
 

Of course we have to mention freezer paper when stenciling, too! I am so in love with these home décor throw pillows using this technique…

 

pillow2

Jessica at Running With Scissors shows us how to make this fabulous bird pillow!

 

Throw_pillow_tutorial_thumb[3]

These gorgeous pillows were created by the DIY Dish sisters and I love the personal touch of monogram pillows!!

 

See how much fun stencils can be?!

Grab or make a favorite stencil and create something fabulous for your home!

I would LOVE to see your projects so please feel free to share them with a link in the comments!! Have fun creating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment