Recommended Sites

Create With Me: Apron Gallery!

 

 

ucreatecraftwithme_thumb

 

Aprons, aprons, aprons!!

Many of you said you’ve always wanted to make an apron, but just haven’t had the chance! Same here…I had a great time trying some new techniques and seeing the many versions you came up with!

It was so much fun creating with you this month and I always love when our international friends join in as well!

Let’s start with the fabulous Mandy from Sugar Bee who was so awesome to let us use her apron tutorial

Sugar Bee Apron

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Craft Edition

I instantly fell in love with the pleats at the bottom and had to copy her! Her fabric is so fun & bright, and I’m diggin’ that rounded pocket!

 

P2270108

Can I tell you how excited I was that my mom {Patti} played this month?!! 

I love this crafty lady to death and blame her for any sewing addictions/skills that I might have! She’s an awesome seamstress and I still have a lot to learn from her…I think she finished her apron in a little over an hour!! Ya, mine took like 4…

P2270115

…and here it is. I’m all about ric rac and polka dots lately!! I LOVE pockets so I decided to add an extra one and I knew I had to have the pleats on the bottom like Mandy did on her new apron above!!

 

 

 

P2270113P2270112

Patti

My mom decided to put a little media pocket for her iPod because she loves to listen to music and books whiles she cooks & cleans! Cute huh?! She also decided to add longer straps so she can easily tie it in the front!

 

 

P2240091

Becky @ Kid’s Create

Becky used this really fun kitchen utensil fabric with a black/red/white theme as a gift for a friend.  Seriously, this chick can sew ANYTHING and was definitely with me to answer all of my apron-making questions!!

 

 

Lindsay @ That’s So Cuegly

This is the first apron Lindsay has ever owned! Didn’t she do a great job?! Her front pocket and ruffly-goodness make this such a fun, feminine apron!

 

 

Ali @ I Heart Making

LOVE Ali’s bright polka dots and this long length!! Super fun color combo!

 

 

Andrea at Addicted 2 Tutes

Andrea @ Addicted 2 Tutes

Andrea did such a great job with her fun candy fabric and I really like how the bright yellow gives such a contrast!

 

 

 

Renee @ My Vintage Mending

Check out Renee’s vintage flair! Her whole website is full of vintage eye candy and this apron makes the perfect addition!

 

 

 

Rachel @ The Life of Riley

Always love stripes and florals together! Rachel’s apron is fabulous and I’m also lovin’ the ruffle she did around her pocket!

 

 

 

V. Fortier @ Buttons in a Cup Mama

Let me just say that V. speaks French so I can’t understand anything much on her blog, but I love when she creates with us! She did a great job on her apron and I love the bold, glittery, fabric!

 

 

 

Susie @ Chadwick’s Picture Place {India Edition}

Susie is creating with us from India! She took Mandy’s tutorial and changed it to a smaller version for her daughter…so super cute {and the apron, too}!

 

 

Michelle @ Prudently Painted Vintage

Michelle was inspired by an Anthropologie apron and created her own version! The ruffles look fabulous and I’m lovin’ the flower accent!

 

 

photo

Tracy Nevins

Can’t go wrong with vintage cherry fabric! The tiny ric rac is adorable on the pocket.

Tracy I love it!

 

 

Sue @ Creative “Try”als

Sue transforms a $5.00 eyelet bedskirt (yes, you read that right!) into an apron using Mandy’s tutorial!! Cool right?!

Simply. Beautiful.

 

This Month’s Prize

I thought it would be fun to give one of you some of my favorite fabric!

(Two Moda Breakfast at Tiffany’s Charm Packs)

The random winner is…

Renee @ My Vintage Mending

Congrats Renee!! If you can get me your address info I’ll get those right out to you!

 

 

Everyone did such an incredible job this month!! Thank you for participating and joining in the fun!

If you didn’t get a chance to participate by the deadline and still want to share it with us, please leave a link in the comments! I would LOVE to see your version!!

 

 

Stay tuned…March’s project will be announced tomorrow! Hint…it’s a “no sew” project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment