Recommended Sites

Hanging my 2010 Block of the Month Quilt

With March here I'm feeling changes in the sun that peeks into my windows. The days are longer (thank heaven) and now if it snows I know that it won't hang around for long because snow melts quickly in the spring.
So in honor of the hope of spring I changed out my quilt in my entryway and moved my little treasures around. I really love this quilt. It makes me so happy. I don't like that part of it is covered up by my side board but I am glad that some of the springiest parts of the quilt are shown on the top part of the quilt.
Remember this is a long quilt. It just pools slightly on the floor. I can live with that.
I like to put tablecloths on my side board and this is a fun vintage cloth showing place settings. It is very whimsical. I love the plates.
I thought spring for putting out treasures. The chicken and bunny are very Easter/spring and my bees will be out of the hive on nice days hunting around the yard.
I have some little vintage Easter bunnies and chicks that were used for decorating flowers at a florist many years ago. I would like to make them into an Easter wreath but I need to widen my collection first.
This just makes me smile when I walk down the front stairway and through the entryway. The colors are full of the hope of spring.

-nanette

0 comments:

Post a Comment