Recommended Sites

Behind the Scenes: Michael’s Craft Store…{day one}

 

michael's creative crew

As I mentioned, I recently had the opportunity to attend the “Michael’s Creative Crew” event in Dallas, Texas. I had such a wonderful time getting a “behind the scenes” view of Michael’s Craft Stores, getting to know creative bloggers, and creating together!

Gaylord Texan (337 of 611)-1

I thought it would be fun to take you along for the ride and share this fun experience with you!

I just want to quickly mention that I’m in no way obligated to mention this event and all opinions are 100% mine!

We arrived at the Gaylord Texan (which is jaw-dropping beautiful by the way)

gaylor texan hotel

…relaxed for a bit…next, we were off to meet Michael’s employees, Empower media folks (who were in charge of the event), and many wonderful bloggers!

You might recognize some of them…

Gaylord Texan (143 of 611)-1Gaylord Texan (195 of 611)-1

 

Many were joking that we were like the “paparazzi”!

Get bloggers together…get TONS of photos!

Gaylord Texan (48 of 611)-1Gaylord Texan (49 of 611)-1

{enjoying my sparkling water!}

Gaylord Texan (46 of 611)-1Gaylord Texan (52 of 611)-1Gaylord Texan (212 of 611)-1

 

I’ve always wanted to play with felted wool and was so glad when Jo and Kathy showed us how to embellish these fun tote bags using this technique!

Gaylord Texan (19 of 611)-1Gaylord Texan (18 of 611)-1Gaylord Texan (235 of 611)-1

 

I’m sensing a chevron pattern…hmm…I wonder who this could be (gotta love Jen)!

Gaylord Texan (234 of 611)-1

 

 

Gaylord Texan (243 of 611)-1

…and I have to throw in these two pics to show you how photogenic I am!! Haha…

Gaylord Texan (226 of 611)-1

 

Gaylord Texan (181 of 611)-1

We actually had such a fun time visiting that many of us ended up taking our bags home

to finish!

Gaylord Texan (287 of 611)-1

 

We ended the night with a delicious Zeppole’s dinner and fabulous presentations!

Gaylord Texan (365 of 611)-1Gaylord Texan (532 of 611)-1 (1)

 

Gaylord Texan (548 of 611)-1

I was fascinated with Tiffany Windsor’s presentation on “The History of Crafting”, probably because I’ve never thought about it before and I loved how she compared the past to the present.

Her mother is Aleene Jackson who played a huge role in the crafting industry throughout the years. You can read a bit about it at Inspired @ Home.

 

Gaylord Texan (519 of 611)-1

Gaylord Texan (367 of 611)-1

Few things are better in life than eating wonderful food and meeting new friends!

Gaylord Texan (544 of 611)-1

 

Stay tuned for Day Two where we dive into lots of crafting and head to Michael’s headquarters!

Headquarters (29 of 160)-1

0 comments:

Post a Comment