Recommended Sites

Behind the Scenes: Michael’s Craft Stores {day two}…

Next up? We were off to Michael’s corporate headquarters in Dallas, TX!
Michaels Headquartersmichael's headquarters

When we arrived, there were many creative booths set up showcasing their brands {I didn’t realize Michael’s had so many of their own brands-pretty cool}.

Let me give you a little virtual tour…



Art Minds
Art Minds
I love this “Create” sign and I really wanted to stick a “U” in front of it {haha!}!
create

Loops & Threads
Loops & Threads

Bead Landing
Headquarters (118 of 160)-1

Studio Decor Headquarters (16 of 160)-1 (1)

Recollections
Recollections

Craft Smart
Craft Smart

Creatology
Headquarters (13 of 160)-1
{kids crafts galore!}

Ashland
Headquarters (17 of 160)-1

I also didn’t realize how much work goes into creating artificial flowers!

Each flower has many different sized petals, colors, etc.!

Headquarters (128 of 160)-1

Artist’s Loft
Artist's Loft

Celebrate It
Headquarters (96 of 160)-1
This Celebrate It booth was so elegant with the black/white/silver theme and you know how I feel about polka dots! I can’t get enough of them!
Headquarters (131 of 160)-1


We were enlightened with presentations about brands, trends, quality, and more…
Headquarters (57 of 160)-1 (2)trends presentationmichaels presentationquality presentation







…and they introduced their new MiDesign website coming soon!
miDesign
You will be able to customize photo books and products using designs from the hottest names in scrapbooking! Exciting!

One of my favorite parts of the trip? Seeing where these creative gals at Michael’s create!
Day Two Michaels
We all hopped behind their desks and took this fun pic…makes me miss all of these gals!!

Jo Pearson
Jo was so kind to invite us into her jaw-dropping, creative home for lunch! I’m serious...every single room is incredible. She has one of the most creative minds EVER, and Jo was so much fun to hang out with!
jo's house

Last Stop…CRAFTING!!
crafting at michaels
We made jewelry…
making necklacesamy locurto

Jo showed us how to make these pretty necklaces. As you can see Amy and I had a great time and came home with a fun new accessory!

me and amy

…made cards…
Southlake Store (304 of 538)

…decorated cakes…
Ashley and Kelly

my zebra cake

…foam stamps…
owl foam stamps
Southlake Store (250 of 538)

Jen and Jen
{The fabulous Jen and Jen team!}

…and mixed media journals…
amy atlas

Kathy {talk about an AMAZING artist by the way!} showed me and Amy how to make mixed media journal covers!


The Bloggers
I can’t tell you enough how fabulous every one of these gals are! I’ve met many online but it’s so much better to see their personalities and awesome-ness in real life!

Make sure to check out their blogs if you haven’t yet…you’ll thank me!

Michael's Creative Crew Bloggers

Amy Atlas Events

Hostess with the Mostess

How Does She

Living Locurto

Make Grow Gather

Make It and Love It

No Biggie

Skip to My Lou

Tatertots and Jello


HUGE Thank you to Michael’s Craft Stores and Empower Media Marketing for an event I’ll never forget!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment