Recommended Sites

Creative Guest: Crate Box Décor by The 36th Avenue

 
Hello..!
 
I am Desirée from The 36th Avenue...
and if I am dreaming PLEASE DO NOT wake me up.
I want to enjoy as long as I can the fact that I am visiting HERE at Ucreate!
Thank you Kari for having me.
One of my  mottos in life is " Make the ordinary, EXTRAORDINARY."
I believe to accomplish this we have to give ourselves a little room for imagination
and think here and there outside of the box...
Let me show you what I mean...
I have in my office {the make it happen room}
this small little wall right on the corner, where my Mimi loves to use her crayons...
{no fun... you can see some green prints on the wall}
 
 
Well... this corner is not empty anymore.
Everything started with the idea of meeting you wonderful people
and a  bunch of small wine boxes that I found at the Thrift Store.
Total price for all three $2.75...
{I love that two of them came with their lids}
 
 
The first thing I did was paint them in a butter cream color {yummy} and sanded to let the wood come through the paint. Looking better already...
 
 
I want my project to have a touch of "whimsical-vintagesh" feeling so I designed and made some vinyl stencils to accomplish that. I applied them, painted the images in red and peeled it off....
 
 
One of the things that I love about using vinyl as a stencil instead of regular vinyl  is that you can antique whatever you do with it. So my next step was to sand the button and scissor.
 
 
You have to wait to see how the boxes look but in the mean time you can take a look of what I did with the larger lid.
 
Here is a mini tutorial: sanded, refinished it, stenciled it and painted, added some cork board, and a little hanger in the back...
 
At this point I was ready to put it all together So are you ready to see my little corner now all dressed up and accessorized? Here it is... {...if you are wondering about the desk and the chair... well let's say those two have an EXTRAordinary moment  of their own. ;)}
 
 
 Take a closer look... Box One , I mean Shelf ONE: The thread holder…
 
 
 
The lid of this box became the bobbins holder...
 
 
BOX number two is the new adorable shelf that holds my pencils and scissors.
 
 
 
And its lid is my new little pin board...
 
 
Box number three has no lid but she is as cute as a button.. ;)
 
 
All together...
 
 
makes my new sewing corner...
 
 
...from ordinary to EXTRAORDINARY!
 
 
So next time you go to the Thrift Store think outside of the box... and you'll see what amazing things you come up with. I don't want to go... but I think it is time to wake up! Thank you again Kari...♥
 
 
 
the thirty sixth avenue blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment