Recommended Sites

Personal History Flag Flimsy - Check

I've been working all year to make my 2011 Personal Flag Quilt that represents me and my family heritage. It's been a joy to explore my family history and the flags from those countries. I was inspired by Amy and her Union Jack blocks and her several flag quilts.
And I'm really happy to have finished my flimsy! I've worked on this project just in the background of other quilts and bags. It has evolved without a clear picture of what I wanted the finished project to look like. Adding the little stars was something I thought of mid project.
I really like how it turned out and now I can't wait to get it quilted. Figuring out what quilting pattern that will compliment the flags and stars is my next step.
The quilt ended up bigger than I thought it would be but I'm happy with the size at this point. It is in between a full and queen sized quilt.
I like all the different colors of red and blue in the quilt. My Union Jack, USA, Danish and Slovakian blocks seem to all work together. I love the dots, too. I used fabrics that really speak about my perspective and that enhances the personality of the quilt for me.
Thanks to Amy for inspiring me. Isn't it great to open up an Internet page and be transported into a project that brings passion and joy.

-nanette

0 comments:

Post a Comment